DRAW Decal arranged with Minicraft for a batch of their excellent 1/144 scale DC-8-63 / 71 / -73 kit as “bagged kits”. The kit includes both PW JT3D ‘smooth cowl” engines as fitted to the DC-8-63 (as released by Minicraft with Eastern Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines markings), and the CFM56 engines that were fitted to the -71, -72 and -73 series (as released by Minicraft with Delta Airlines, United Airlines, Southern Airlines markings). The kits include both the short and extended wingtips.
I am also offering the kit as a “package deal” with the Avigraphics DC-8 “windows & details” decal, or with a DRAW DC-8 decal, or with a TwoSix DC-8 decal.
- M14521B-DW44-DC8-xxx DC-8-63 / -71 / -73 “Bagged Kit” with any DRAW DC-8 Decal
- DW44-DC8-KIT+Decal DC-8-63 / -71 / -73 “Bagged Kit” with any DRAW DC-8 Decal
- M14521B-TS44-DC8 DC-8-63 / -71 / -73 “Bagged Kit” with any TwoSix DC-8 Laser Decal
- M14521B-STS44-DC8 DC-8-63 / -71 / -73 “Bagged Kit” with any TwoSix DC-8 “Silk”Decal (subject to limited availability)
DC-8 Conversions – Alternative Engines
The mold designers very thoughtfully included ‘cut here’ marks inside the fuselage as a guide to converting the kit to a series 62 / 72, and to all the shorter -11 through -51 aircraft. Engines are available by Contrails and by BraZ to convert the kit to these other versions.
- CM44-DC8-20E PW JT4A engines for the series 20 and series 30
- CM44-DC8-40E Rolls Royce Conway Engines
- CM44-DC8-50E PW JT3D-3 Engines, DC-8-50 series, and series 61
- BZ4094 PW JT4A Engines for the series 20 and series 30
- BZ4093 PW JT3D-3 Engines, DC-8-50 series, and series 61
- Use the kit supplied JT3D “smooth cowl” engines for a series 62