26Decals has announced that 10 decals in their 1/144 scale silk screened series are “At the Printer”, and are expected to be available at the beginning of November. Six are reprints of earlier (and sold out) STS releases, and four are upgrades of earlier TS series laser printed decals.
- STS44-284 SATA Se.210 Caravelle 10R (replaces TS44-012)
- STS44-296 Libyan Arab Boeing 727-200 (replaces TS44-193)
- STS44-298 Libyan Arab Boeing 727-200 (replaces TS44-132)
- STS44-304 Finnair / IAS Cargo Douglas DC-8-62CF (replaces TS44-408)
- STS44-305 Finnair Douglas DC-9-51, MD80, MD87 (replaces STS44-120)
- STS44-312 Pan Am Boeing 747-121A (delivery cs, replaces STS44-106)
- STS44-313 Pan Am Boeing 747-121A (later cs, replaces STS44-107)
- STS44-314 Pan Am Boeing 747-121A (‘Billboard’ cs, replaces STS44-108)
- STS44-315 Pan American B.727-21C (earlier cs, replaces STS44-105)
- STS44-316 Pan American B.727-21C (later cs, replaces STS44-111)
8ADecs has released four new 1/144 scale sheets this week:
I regret the need to pass along the sad news that David Hannant, owner of the world famous Hannants hobby shop in Lowestoft, England, has passed away.
From the Hannants web site, posted September 1st 2018:
‘It is with great sadness we announce the passing of David Hannant after a short illness. ‘
David was an avid modeler and aviation enthusiast, keenly interested in both military and civil aviation. I met David numerous times, both in the U.K. attending the IPMS UK Scale ModelWorld shows in Telford, and a couple of times in the U.S. as David traveled to visit airshows and airfields in this country. I found him to be highly personable, with a great sense of humour, and very knowledgeable of all things aircraft and modelling.
David, you will be missed.
To his family and friends, on my behalf and all who read this, we extend our deepest sympathies and condolences on your loss.
TwoSix has released a couple of new decals for the 1/144 scale Br.175 Britannia. The Redcoat sheet this time is for the red tail version, joining their previous release for the white tailed scheme. The All Cargo Airlines sheet is a first for this short lived airline.
- TS44-864 Redcoat Cargo Br.175 Britannia 253F (red tail)
- TS44-755 Redcoat Cargo Br.175 Britannia 253F (white tail)
- TS44-900 All Cargo Airlines Br.175 Britannia 307F
8ADecs has released two new decals in 1/144 scale:
DRAW Decal released a set for the American Airlines ‘OneWorld’ Boeing 767-300ER.
DRAW Decal also released a series of decals for a Canadian registered P.51D Mustang, as DWxx-P51-94, in 1/24, 1/32, 1/48,1/72 and 1/144 scales. CF-FUZ / C-FFUZ was regularly seen performing at airshows in Eastern Canada.
This week DRAW Decal released a set for the Lufthansa Cargo MD-11F in the special ‘WOW’ scheme applied to an aircraft to promote the cargo alliance with Singapore Airlines, SAS and Japan Airlines.
DRAW Decal updated their earlier KLM Cityhopper Embraer 190 decal to the current livery, and released it in 1/144 scale.
DRAW also released another in their “P.51 Mustang” series. Sheet DWxx-P51-093 depicts N167F, a P.51D, as “Detroit Miss”, markings it carried in the late 1990’s.
8ADecs announced the following new 1/144 scale decals:
- 8A144-472 THY Turkish Airlines Douglas DC-9-30
- 8A144-473 El Al ‘Rehovot’ (retro cs) Boeing 787-9
This week TwoSix released two new decals for the 1/144 scale Tupolev 134A kits:
- TS44-897 LOT Polish (final cs) Tupolev Tu.134A
- TS44-898 LOT Polish (early cs) Tupolev Tu.134A
We have a new piece of BraZ Ground Service Equipment (GSE) in stock. Recently released is:
- BZG011 Mobile Belt Loader TUG 660
DRAW Decal released a decal for the Air Hong Kong / DHL Boeing 747-400F:
DRAW has also released another in their Reno Racer series, this time a much modified P.51D Mustang “Dago Red”. It is set DWxx-P51-092, and as usual, it is available in 1/144, 1/72, 1/48/1/32 and 1/24 scales.
This week 8ADecs announced three new decals:
- 8A100-469 Alaska Airlines (2016 cs) Embraer 175
- 8A144-470 Emirates ‘Year of Zayed 2018’ Boeing 777-300ER
- 8A144-471 Royal Nepal Airlines Airbus A.330-200
8ADecs has indicated the 1/100 scale Alaska Airlines Embraer 175 sheet (for the Tamiya kit) is a limited edition sheet, as the white decal is silk screened, and only a limited number of copies are available.
1/96 Scale Viscount 800
I recently obtained a very limited number of Authentic Airliners resin 1/96 scale Vickers Viscount 800 conversion sets. This set comprises a hollow resin forward fuselage, a set of four engine cowls to modify the Rolls Royce Dart engines, and two styles of the radar nose cone.
I am offering these as a package with a Glencoe 1/96 injection molded Viscount 700 kit (with instructions, no decal) and an AHS 1/96 scale Viscount 800 Window Decal (AHS9116). At time of writing, I have just three sets available. See TSR96-01-Conv-Set to order.
A while ago Contrails released engine sets to allow conversion of the Nitto / Doyusha 1/100 scale DC-8-62 to other versions. Now in stock at AHS are:
The Nitto kit is a series 62, so needs to be lengthened to build a series 61 /73 or 71 / 73. Conversion kits to facilitate this are on order, and will be announced when in stock. On order from Contrails, and coming soon is a replacement 1/100 scale DC-8 nose to improve the shape, and parts to convert it to a series 61 or 63.
Other recent arrivals from Contrails include:
- CM44-A330-Cargo Conversion, allowing a -200F to be built from the Revell -300 kit.
- CM44-DC10-E GE CF6-6 or -50 Engines (2+), DC-10-10/-30 (includes early “splitter” hot exhaust or later “spike”, and #2 engine intake )
Contrails previously released GE TF-39 engines for the 1/144 scale C5A/B Galaxy, now joined by a set of GE CF6 engines for the updated C5M Galaxy. Both versions are in stock:
TwoSix has been busy. Following on from the Ethiopian 777 decal released earlier this week, they have also released:
- TS44-895 Biman Bangladesh Airlines Boeing 787-8
Today, announcements from two of our decal manufacturers with their latest creations.
First, TwoSix announced:
- TS44-896 Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 777-300ER
8ADecs announced four new decals: