This week is a little busier, with new decals from DRAW Decal, Vintage Flyer (see separate post) and 8ADecs, and new announcements from TwoSix.
From DRAW Decal:
TwoSix announced that the following new screen printed decals are ‘at the printers’, and should be available mid to late November.
- STS44-349 Air Canada Boeing 777-200LR and 777-300ER
Vintage Flyer has announced 12 new 1/144 scale decals designed to fit the recently re-released Revell Boeing 747-100 (RV5686). All of these decals are for series 100 aircraft, and all powered by Pratt & Whitney JT9D engines as supplied in this kit.
These decals can be “special ordered” in 1/100 and 1/200 scales.
- VFD144-278 Columbia Airlines (Airport ’75) Boeing 747-123 ( leased from American)
- VFD144-286 Trans World Airlines (delivery cs) Boeing 747-131
A slow week…..
8ADecs has released the following new decal in 1/144 and 1/200 scales:
FRsin has re-released some of their 1/144 scale kits with new markings.
- FR-P4113 ATR72, Air Nostrum / Iberia Regional
- FR-P4115 Fokker F.28 Fellowship 1000, Horizon Airlines
- FR-P4116 Fokker F.28 Fellowship 4000, Horizon Airlines
- FR-P4117 Fokker F.28 Fellowship 1000, Ansett
- FR-P4118 Fokker F.28 Fellowship 4000, Ansett
8ADecs has released two new decals, both in 1/144 and 1/200 scales:
DRAW Decal has released a set for the Trans World Airlines McDD MD80 for the hybrid scheme worn during the period as the American Airlines purchase of TWA was going through the approval process.
8ADecs has released three new 1/144 scale decals:
DRAW Decal has released their decal for the Japan Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) Boeing E-767 AWACS. The 1/144 scale version is provided in the Welsh Models kit of this aircraft.
TwoSix Decals has announced that as of November 30th 2019, they will be ending production of all their laser printed decals. The reason given for this decision is that they want to free up time to concentrate on their screen printed decal lines.
This means that all “TS” prefix decals – TS44 (1/144), TS20 (1/200), TS10 (1/100), TS72 (1/72), TS48 (1/48) and TS96 (1/96) decals will no longer be available from TwoSix after that date. These decals are printed “to demand”, and typically one or two at a time which can be very tedious and time consuming.
The “STS” prefix decals – STS44 (1/144), STS20 (1/200) and STS72 (1/72) scale screen printed decals will continue. These decals are typically mass-printed at an outside print shop.
TwoSix has said that the more popular “TS” decals will be printed as “STS” decals, but likely that means only the 1/144 scale decals, and it may be a long time before a laser decal gets the screen print treatment.
So…. if there are any TS series decals you’ve had your eye on for a future project, please place your order before November 25th so I have time to place orders for additional stock needed.
TwoSix has announced two new screen printed decals in 1/144 scale for the Roden Convair 340 / 440 kit:
The Zvezda Boeing 737-700 is here ! See ZVE-7027 to order.
A few new decal releases this week….. first, from DRAW Decal, a new sheet for the 1/144 and 1/200 scale Boeing 777-200F:
We received a shipment from Welsh Models this week. New 1/144 scale kits in stock are:
- WMJA72/19 Airbus A.320 (CFM56 engines), Aer Lingus (Decal by DRAW Decal)
- WSL-443R Canadair C4 Argonaut, British Midland Airways
The fundecals Boeing 737NG decals have arrived, and are in stock:
- FunD44-011 Boeing 737NG Factory Stencils (737-600 / -700 / -800 / 900)
- FunD44-012 Continental Airlines & United Airlines Boeing 737NG (-700 / -800 / 900)
- FunD44-013 Delta Airlines & Delta Skyteam Boeing 737NG (-700 / -800 / 900)
- FunD44-014 American Airlines Boeing 737NG (-800)
- FunD44-015 American Airlines ‘retro’ Boeing 737NG (-800)
- FunD44-016 Southwest Airlines (canyon blue cs) Boeing 737NG (-700 / -800)
From 8ADecs, their Aviatsa ‘Morazan’ Boeing 737-200 decal is now available in 1/200, 1/100 and 1/72 scales in addition to the previously released 1/144 scale.
8ADecs has released four new 1/144 scale decals.
- 8A144-550 Mauritania Airlines Boeing 737-MAX8
- 8A144-551 Eva Air “Hello Kitty Hand in Hand” Boeing 777-300ER
Our first shipment of OzMods kits arrived today. This batch features their 1/144 scale De Havilland Canada DHC-8 ‘Dash 8’ Series 300, released with your choice of four markings.
- OMK144-21 De Havilland Canada DHC-8 Dash 8 Series 300, Philippine Airlines
- OMK144-22 De Havilland Canada DHC-8 Dash 8 Series 300, Jetstar
- OMK144-23 De Havilland Canada DHC-8 Dash 8 Series 300, British Airways
- OMK144-24 De Havilland Canada DHC-8 Dash 8 Series 300, Air New Zealand