This week TwoSix released two new decals for the 1/144 scale Tupolev 134A kits:
- TS44-897 LOT Polish (final cs) Tupolev Tu.134A
- TS44-898 LOT Polish (early cs) Tupolev Tu.134A
We have a new piece of BraZ Ground Service Equipment (GSE) in stock. Recently released is:
- BZG011 Mobile Belt Loader TUG 660
DRAW Decal released a decal for the Air Hong Kong / DHL Boeing 747-400F:
DRAW has also released another in their Reno Racer series, this time a much modified P.51D Mustang “Dago Red”. It is set DWxx-P51-092, and as usual, it is available in 1/144, 1/72, 1/48/1/32 and 1/24 scales.
This week 8ADecs announced three new decals:
- 8A100-469 Alaska Airlines (2016 cs) Embraer 175
- 8A144-470 Emirates ‘Year of Zayed 2018’ Boeing 777-300ER
- 8A144-471 Royal Nepal Airlines Airbus A.330-200
8ADecs has indicated the 1/100 scale Alaska Airlines Embraer 175 sheet (for the Tamiya kit) is a limited edition sheet, as the white decal is silk screened, and only a limited number of copies are available.
1/96 Scale Viscount 800
I recently obtained a very limited number of Authentic Airliners resin 1/96 scale Vickers Viscount 800 conversion sets. This set comprises a hollow resin forward fuselage, a set of four engine cowls to modify the Rolls Royce Dart engines, and two styles of the radar nose cone.
I am offering these as a package with a Glencoe 1/96 injection molded Viscount 700 kit (with instructions, no decal) and an AHS 1/96 scale Viscount 800 Window Decal (AHS9116). At time of writing, I have just three sets available. See TSR96-01-Conv-Set to order.
A while ago Contrails released engine sets to allow conversion of the Nitto / Doyusha 1/100 scale DC-8-62 to other versions. Now in stock at AHS are:
The Nitto kit is a series 62, so needs to be lengthened to build a series 61 /73 or 71 / 73. Conversion kits to facilitate this are on order, and will be announced when in stock. On order from Contrails, and coming soon is a replacement 1/100 scale DC-8 nose to improve the shape, and parts to convert it to a series 61 or 63.
Other recent arrivals from Contrails include:
- CM44-A330-Cargo Conversion, allowing a -200F to be built from the Revell -300 kit.
- CM44-DC10-E GE CF6-6 or -50 Engines (2+), DC-10-10/-30 (includes early “splitter” hot exhaust or later “spike”, and #2 engine intake )
Contrails previously released GE TF-39 engines for the 1/144 scale C5A/B Galaxy, now joined by a set of GE CF6 engines for the updated C5M Galaxy. Both versions are in stock:
TwoSix has been busy. Following on from the Ethiopian 777 decal released earlier this week, they have also released:
- TS44-895 Biman Bangladesh Airlines Boeing 787-8
Today, announcements from two of our decal manufacturers with their latest creations.
First, TwoSix announced:
- TS44-896 Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 777-300ER
8ADecs announced four new decals:
DRAW Decal arranged with Minicraft for a batch of their excellent 1/144 scale DC-8-63 / 71 / -73 kit as “bagged kits”. The kit includes both PW JT3D ‘smooth cowl” engines as fitted to the DC-8-63 (as released by Minicraft with Eastern Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines markings), and the CFM56 engines that were fitted to the -71, -72 and -73 series (as released by Minicraft with Delta Airlines, United Airlines, Southern Airlines markings). The kits include both the short and extended wingtips.
I am also offering the kit as a “package deal” with the Avigraphics DC-8 “windows & details” decal, or with a DRAW DC-8 decal, or with a TwoSix DC-8 decal.
- M14521B-TS44-DC8 DC-8-63 / -71 / -73 “Bagged Kit” with any TwoSix DC-8 Laser Decal
- M14521B-STS44-DC8 DC-8-63 / -71 / -73 “Bagged Kit” with any TwoSix DC-8 “Silk”Decal (subject to limited availability)
DC-8 Conversions – Alternative Engines
The mold designers very thoughtfully included ‘cut here’ marks inside the fuselage as a guide to converting the kit to a series 62 / 72, and to all the shorter -11 through -51 aircraft. Engines are available by Contrails and by BraZ to convert the kit to these other versions.
- CM44-DC8-20E PW JT4A engines for the series 20 and series 30
- CM44-DC8-40E Rolls Royce Conway Engines
- CM44-DC8-50E PW JT3D-3 Engines, DC-8-50 series, and series 61
- BZ4094 PW JT4A Engines for the series 20 and series 30
- BZ4093 PW JT3D-3 Engines, DC-8-50 series, and series 61
- Use the kit supplied JT3D “smooth cowl” engines for a series 62
Occasionally I am offered collections of kits and decals by modelers who for various reasons want to ‘thin the pile’. More recently I was offered some kits that had been donated to a local hobby shop for onward donation to patients at a local VA facility. They aren’t too interested in civilian aircraft, so the hobby shop auctioned the models, and are using the funds generated to buy and donate kits more suited to their interests. A ‘win-win’ all round!
I have created a category called “Collection Sale 2018” for these, and a few other kits I’ve accumulated over the last few years. Look on the left side of my home page, look for group 4 “Collectors Corner”, it’s the first sub category. Or click HERE !
Most are 1/144 scale, and include a number of out of production Minicraft kits. All have been inspected, and are as described for each model. I have just one of each, so once sold, I have no more until another collection comes my way. Some have already sold while I was putting this post together. Here are some of the highlights:
Minicraft, 1/144 scale:
- M14447 Douglas C-118 (DC-6B) USAF ‘Independence’
- M14465 Boeing 727-200, United Airlines
- M14482 Boeing 757-200, Trans World Airlines
- M14496 Douglas DC-6B American Airlines
- M14582 Douglas DC-6B United Airlines
- M14521 Douglas DC-8-71, Delta Airlines
There are also some “bagged kits” available – complete kits, without box, decal or instructions. They include the following:
Revell Germany, 1/144 Scale:
- RV4258 Fokker 100 KLM, Swissair
Heller, 1/72 Scale:
Good hunting !
TwoSix released a new decal in 1/144 scale in their laser printed decal series.
- TS44-877 Jersey European Fokker F.27-500 Friendship
8ADecs released a silk screen printed windows, details and stencils sheet in 1/144 scale.
8ADecs released four new sets this week.
Not a lot to report this week….
TwoSix’s newest releases are back from the printer, and will be here in my next shipment.
- STS44-307 Pakistan International Boeing 707-320C
- STS44-308 Pakistan International Boeing 720B
- STS44-309 Pakistan International Boeing 747-200B
- STS44-310 Pakistan International McDD DC-10-30
TwoSix also re-released two screen printed sheets that had sold out of their earlier print runs: