LPS Decals released four new sheets this week.
Yes, the LPM DC-2 decal is Royal Australian Air Force, not Royal Air Force as shown on the image.
Next, I have a shipment en route from Welsh models, with the following new recently released models included:
- WSL-396R Douglas DC-7B, Pan American (1/144 scale)
- WSL-423R Boeing 737-MAX9, Lion Air (1/144 scale)
- WCV-81 Boeing EC-135N ARIA Conversion (for use with any Minicraft KC135, 1/144)
- WMJA72-17 Boeing 737-800, United Airlines (1/72 Scale)
DRAW Decal released an updated set for the Austral MD80
Draw also released another in their P.51 “Gathering of Mustangs” series.
1/48 scale version shown below.
FRsin has announced that their next series of 1/144 scale kit releases will feature the Bristol 170 Freighter, with Mk.21, Mk.31 and Super Freighter Mk.32 included in the line-up.
- FR-P4100 Bristol 170 Freighter Mk.21, TAI
- FR-P4101 Bristol 170 Freighter Mk.21, Aviaco
- FR-P4102 Bristol 170 Freighter Mk.21, Dan Air London
- FR-P4103 Bristol 170 Freighter Mk.31, British United Airlines
- FR-P4104 Bristol 170 Freighter Mk.31, Iberia
- FR-P4105 Bristol 170 Freighter Mk.31, Aer Turas
- FR-P4106 Bristol 170 Super Freighter Mk.32, British Air Ferries
- FR-P4107 Bristol 170 Super Freighter Mk.32, BUA / BAF
- FR-P4108 Bristol 170 Super Freighter Mk.32, British United Airlines
- FR-P4109 Bristol 170 Super Freighter Mk.32, Compagnie Air Transport
- FR-P4110 Bristol 170 Super Freighter Mk.32, Midland Air Cargo
- FR-P4111 Bristol 170 Super Freighter Mk.32, Sabena
These kits are scheduled to be released November 9th & 10th 2018 at the IPMS (UK) Scale Modelworld convention in Telford, U.K. I have placed my initial order, which will be mailed to me shortly after the convention closes. Images will be added as soon as they are available.
8ADecs released three new sets this week, in 1/144 and 1/100 scales.
DRAW Decal released another Lufthansa ‘Fanhansa’ set this week, this time for the Airbus A.321.
Vintage Flyer announced four new decals this week across 1/144, 1/72, 1/100 and 1/200 scales.
- VFD144-259A National Airlines (delivery cs) Boeing 727-100 (Airfix kit)
- VFD144-259R National Airlines (delivery cs) Boeing 727-100 (Revell kit)
- VFD72-259 National Airlines (delivery cs) Boeing 727-100
- VFD144-260 National Airlines (delivery cs) Boeing 727-200
- VFD72-260 National Airlines (delivery cs) Boeing 727-200
- VFD144-261 Northeast Airlines (‘yellowbird’ cs) Boeing 727-100 / -200
- VFD72-261 Northeast Airlines (‘yellowbird’ cs) Boeing 727-100 / -200
- VFD100-261 Northeast Airlines (‘yellowbird’ cs) Boeing 727-100 / -200
- VFD200-261 Northeast Airlines (‘yellowbird’ cs) Boeing 727-100 / -200
- VFD144-262 Northeast Airlines (‘yellowbird’ cs) Douglas DC-9-30
- VFD72-262 Northeast Airlines (‘yellowbird’ cs) Douglas DC-9-30
- VFD100-262 Northeast Airlines (‘yellowbird’ cs) Douglas DC-9-30
- VFD200-262 Northeast Airlines (‘yellowbird’ cs) Douglas DC-9-30
DRAW Decal has updated their Boeing E7 ‘Wedgetail’ set for the Royal Australian Air Force, Korean Air Force and Turkish Air Force, replacing the combined sheet (DWxx-737-131) with three separate sheets.
Finally, DRAW Decal is updating some of their older decals. Recently re-released is the set for the Austral McDD MD80.
8ADecs has released a screen printed Airbus A.318/319/320/321 Wing Corogard and laser printed stencil set as CS-02S, in 1/144 and 1/200 scale. Both are in stock.
The latest Bodacek Agency (BOA) 1/144 scale silk screened decals arrived this week:
DRAW Decal released a set for the Aerolineas Argentinas Boeing 737-Max8 in 1/144 and 1/200 scale.
26Decals has announced that 10 decals in their 1/144 scale silk screened series are “At the Printer”, and are expected to be available at the beginning of November. Six are reprints of earlier (and sold out) STS releases, and four are upgrades of earlier TS series laser printed decals.
- STS44-284 SATA Se.210 Caravelle 10R (replaces TS44-012)
- STS44-296 Libyan Arab Boeing 727-200 (replaces TS44-193)
- STS44-298 Libyan Arab Boeing 727-200 (replaces TS44-132)
- STS44-304 Finnair / IAS Cargo Douglas DC-8-62CF (replaces TS44-408)
- STS44-305 Finnair Douglas DC-9-51, MD80, MD87 (replaces STS44-120)
- STS44-312 Pan Am Boeing 747-121A (delivery cs, replaces STS44-106)
- STS44-313 Pan Am Boeing 747-121A (later cs, replaces STS44-107)
- STS44-314 Pan Am Boeing 747-121A (‘Billboard’ cs, replaces STS44-108)
- STS44-315 Pan American B.727-21C (earlier cs, replaces STS44-105)
- STS44-316 Pan American B.727-21C (later cs, replaces STS44-111)
8ADecs has released four new 1/144 scale sheets this week:
I regret the need to pass along the sad news that David Hannant, owner of the world famous Hannants hobby shop in Lowestoft, England, has passed away.
From the Hannants web site, posted September 1st 2018:
‘It is with great sadness we announce the passing of David Hannant after a short illness. ‘
David was an avid modeler and aviation enthusiast, keenly interested in both military and civil aviation. I met David numerous times, both in the U.K. attending the IPMS UK Scale ModelWorld shows in Telford, and a couple of times in the U.S. as David traveled to visit airshows and airfields in this country. I found him to be highly personable, with a great sense of humour, and very knowledgeable of all things aircraft and modelling.
David, you will be missed.
To his family and friends, on my behalf and all who read this, we extend our deepest sympathies and condolences on your loss.
TwoSix has released a couple of new decals for the 1/144 scale Br.175 Britannia. The Redcoat sheet this time is for the red tail version, joining their previous release for the white tailed scheme. The All Cargo Airlines sheet is a first for this short lived airline.
- TS44-864 Redcoat Cargo Br.175 Britannia 253F (red tail)
- TS44-755 Redcoat Cargo Br.175 Britannia 253F (white tail)
- TS44-900 All Cargo Airlines Br.175 Britannia 307F
8ADecs has released two new decals in 1/144 scale:
DRAW Decal released a set for the American Airlines ‘OneWorld’ Boeing 767-300ER.
DRAW Decal also released a series of decals for a Canadian registered P.51D Mustang, as DWxx-P51-94, in 1/24, 1/32, 1/48,1/72 and 1/144 scales. CF-FUZ / C-FFUZ was regularly seen performing at airshows in Eastern Canada.
This week DRAW Decal released a set for the Lufthansa Cargo MD-11F in the special ‘WOW’ scheme applied to an aircraft to promote the cargo alliance with Singapore Airlines, SAS and Japan Airlines.
DRAW Decal updated their earlier KLM Cityhopper Embraer 190 decal to the current livery, and released it in 1/144 scale.
DRAW also released another in their “P.51 Mustang” series. Sheet DWxx-P51-093 depicts N167F, a P.51D, as “Detroit Miss”, markings it carried in the late 1990’s.
8ADecs announced the following new 1/144 scale decals:
- 8A144-472 THY Turkish Airlines Douglas DC-9-30
- 8A144-473 El Al ‘Rehovot’ (retro cs) Boeing 787-9