A much busier week for new airliner decals…
First, TwoSix announced one new laser printed decal in 1/144 scale:
- TS44-890 Middle East Airlines (final cs) Boeing 720B
On the subject of TwoSix…. I am down to just three left of the TwoSix branded L.1011 Tristar 200 kits (the Eastern Express kits boxed with a TS decal). With the decals I have left I can put together any three of the following four options:
- TSM44-016TW Trans World Airlines
- TSM44-016ACN Air Canada (last cs)
- TSM44-016EA Eastern Airlines
- TSM44-016DL Delta Airlines
TwoSix has no plans to release any further Tristar 100, 200 or 500 kits.
8ADecs released three new 1/144 scale laser printed decal sheets this week:
Vintage Flyer announced three new Boeing 737-200 decals, each in 1/144, 1/100, 1/200 and 1/72 scales.
- VFD144-249 VFD100-249 VFD72-249 VFD200-249 Piedmont Airlines B.737-200
- VFD144-250 VFD100-250 VFD72-250 VFD200-250 Aloha B.737-200
- VFD144-251 VFD100-251 VFD72-251 VFD200-251 United Airlines B.737-200
Finally, DRAW Decal announced one new airliner set.
- DW44-747-016A DW20-747-016A DW10-747-016A
- DW72-747-016A DW25-747-016A Boeing 747-136 British Airways ‘Landor’ cs
DRAW also released another P.51 Mustang decal. Sheet DWxx-P51-83 is a P.51R Mustang ‘Precious Metal’, a Rolls Royce Griffon powered Mustang that raced the Reno Air Races.