A very thin week, with no airliner decal announcements from the four major decal makers. However we can still find some news….
An interesting release from Zvezda that should be here soon is the 1/144 scale Tupolev 204-100 as kit ZVE-7023, in the colours of the Russian airline Red Wings. The kit was previously released as an ‘exclusive’ to the Russian Post Office in their colours (and molded in bright blue plastic!). After market decals are already available from 8ADecs for Cubana (8A144-445) and Cubana Cargo (8A144-446).
The latest info from our Zvezda importer regarding the Boeing 737-MAX8 kit (ZVE-7026) is that it is expected “4th Quarter 2018”. We will keep you informed as news is received.
DRAW Decal did announce the release of two new P.51 Mustang sets, both in 1/144, 1/72, 1/48, 1/32 and 1/24 scales. DWxx-P51-85 is a P.51D “Janie”, a U.K. based Mustang that unfortunately was involved in a serious accident in 2016. DWxx-P51-86 is also a P.51D in the very colorful “Miss America” scheme that N991R wore at Oshkosh in 1998.
As we expand our coverage of 8ADecs extensive decal line-up, I have ordered our first batch of their “photo real” cockpit and cabin window sets. These decals go beyond lowered window shades and drawn curtains to also include faces visible in both cockpit and cabin windows. A caution with their use is that 8ADecs recommends they be used “only on light colored surfaces”. The lineup includes
- 8A144-PRS-001 Boeing 787-8, 787-9
- 8A144-PRS-002 Embraer 170 / 190
- 8A144-PRS-003 Boeing 707
- 8A144-PRS-004 Airbus A.318, A.319, A.320, A.321
- 8A144-PRS-005 Boeing 757-200 / -300
- 8A144-PRS-006 ATR42, ATR72
- 8A144-PRS-007 Sukhoi SSJ100
- 8A144-PRS-008 Airbus A.330, A.340
- 8A144-PRS-009 Boeing 777-200 / -300
- 8A144-PRS-010 McDD MD80, Boeing 717
- 8A144-PRS-011 Airbus A.350-900
- 8A144-PRS-012 Canadair CRJ (all series)
- 8A144-PRS-013 Bae 146-100 / -200 / -300
- 8A144-PRS-014 McDD DC-10, MD-11
- 8A144-PRS-015 Embraer 145, 135
- 8A144-PRS-016 Lockheed 1011 Tristar
- 8A144-PRS-017 Tupolev 204
You must be logged in to post a comment.