TwoSix has released twenty-four Air India Express Boeing 737-800 decals. They are:
I recently obtained a Western Pacific Airlines 1997 Wall Calendar, featuring 12 of their famous ‘logo jet’ Boeing 737-300 aircraft.
Featured are The Simpsons, Thrifty Rent-a-Car, Stardust, Broadmoor, Security Service Federal Credit Union, Sam’s Town, Colorado Springs, Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association, Colorado tech, ProRodeo Hall of Fame, Crested Butte, and Purgatory Resort. Most are ‘in flight’ photos, and some may be “retouched” images.
The calendar measures just over 10 1/2″ by 7 1/4″, and is sealed in clear plastic.
You can find it as WP-1997 in the online store. Click on the item number or either image.
And as a reminder, decals for most of these aircraft were produced by Daco Skyline, and can be found in our estore. Search SK1403 or SK2003 to find them!
Airfix has re-released their 1/144 scale Dh.106 Comet 4B as AFX-04176. This release comes with BEA Airtours ‘speedjack’ markings (easily modified to straight BEA markings) along with Olympic Airways.
Airfix has taken the opportunity to make some improvements to the kit. Gone are the cutouts for the cabin windows, they are now supplied on the decal sheet. A clear windshield is provided. Airfix also still includes a nice set of Airstairs with this kit. I’m not certain, but there are now only two cabin doors to install (were there 4 previously?), and no lower baggage doors. Has Airfix removed these as well? I will have to dig one of my older Comet kits out of storage to compare. One vestige of the earlier kits is the little punch for piercing the decal over the cabin windows is still provided.
Since Humbrol bought the company a few years ago, Airfix has done a very good job of re-releasing the kits with significantly improved decals, and in a few cases, improvements to the kits. Hats off to Airfix! Can we perhaps hope that a new airliner kit will appear sometime soon?
The long anticipated Boeing KC-135A Stratotanker kit has been released by Minicraft as kit M14707. This release completes their series of KC-135 kits which includes the JT3D powered KC-135E (M14627) and CFM 56 powered KC-135R (M14708).
This kit comes with the Pratt & Whitney J-57-P-59W turbojet engines, as fitted to all the KC-135A’s when they were first delivered. Markings are provided for two USAF aircraft.
BOA has released, and we have added 16 new decals to our web site. They are:
Click on the product number to be taken into the estorefor each item.
The new 1/72 scale Douglas C.54 (DC-4) has arrived, and if the pre-release photos were mouth watering, the actual kit is beyond expectations. It features incredible detail, inside and out. It will be interesting to see how much of it is visible once the model is assembled.
It’s in stock, see RV4877.
Many of our favourite decal makers have promised to release decals for this magnificent kit over the coming months. TwoSix has already released two, and Vintage Flyer is planning to adapt their existing C.54 and DC-4 decals to properly fit this kit.
I have a new shipment on its way from France, containing restocks and new releases of FRsin injection moulded plastic kits. New kits include the Martin 202 and 404 and the L.649/749 Constellations.
Martin 202, Martin 404
Restocks include Viscount 700 and 800, ATR72, Convair 880 and Convair 990.
As has become the tradition with Roden, they have re-released their 1/144 scale Lockheed Jetstar 6 kit with new markings. ROD324 comes with a decal for the markings carried by six airframes allocated by the USAF as executive transports, and painted with ‘United States of America’ titles.
Often used by senior cabinet, the VP and the President, these aircraft have served as ‘Air Force One’ many times in their flying career.
Yesterday we received a large shipment from BraZ, restocking many of the more popular older resin sets, and stocking many of their newer sets. We also took the opportunity to re-number the BraZ items to the part numbers used on the BraZ web site.
New resin sets include:
- BZ4063 Winglets for the Airbus A.319, A.320 and A.321 (Revell kits)
- BZ4064 ‘Hot’ Sections for the RR Trents in the Zvezda / Revell 787 kit
- BZ4074 Embraer ERJ-175 Conversion with American Eagle markings
- BZ4081 GEnX-1B engines for the Zvezda/Revell Boeing 787
- BZ4084 Replacement horizontal stabs for the Zvezda/Revell Boeing 787
- BZ4086 Boeing 787-900 Conversion for the Zvezda/Revell Boeing 787
- BZ4087 CFM56-7B Engines for the Revell Boeing 737-800
- BZ4088 CFM56-7BE Engines for the Revell Boeing 737-800
- BZ4089 Photo etch fan blades for the CFM56-7B and 7BE sets
- BZ4090 ‘Sharklets’ for Airbus A.319, A.320 and A.321 (Revell kits)
- BZ4091 Nose section for the Airbus A.300 (Airfix) and A.310 (Revell)
- BZ4092 Nose section for the Airbus A.330 and A.340 (Revell kits)
New Decals for the Embraer 175 conversion:
- BZD413 LOT Polish ‘retro’ ERJ175
- BZD414 Royal Jordanian ERJ175
- BZD415 American Eagle ERJ175
- BZD416 FlyBE ERJ175
- BZD417 Royal Jordanian ERJ195
- BZD418 FlyBE ERJ195
Notable restocks include:
- BZ4002 (was BZ4K32R) RR Trents for the Revell A.330 kit
- BZ4013 (was BZ4KVC6) Winglets for the Revell Boeing 737-800
- BZ4021 (was BZ4KCF2) Nose and tail cone corrections for the Minicraft Boeing 757 -200 kits
- BZ4022 (was BZ4KCF3) Nose, tail cone and plug to convert the Minicraft Boeing 757-200 to a series 300
- BZ4051 (was BZ4KFHE) C-130-30 Fuselage for the Minicraft C.130 kit
- BZ4052 (was BZ4KEHE) Allison T56 engines for the Minicraft C.130 kit
- … and much more !
All items are available for order.
Italeri’s plans to release a 1/144 scale ATR.42 were first made known about two years ago (maybe longer)? The wait is finally over, and the kit is now available.
Kit ITA-1801 has been released as a series 500, with a decal for the Mexican carrier Aeromar, Italian Coast Guard, and Italian Navy.